Sunday, July 8, 2012

Unsolved Mystery Cruise

The layout which I lifted for this design is in Creative Keepsakes Volume 16  Issue 7 Page 31

I couldn't resist these banners when I dropped into Hobby Lobby the other day, and decided to use them on this layout.  I had printed one more picture of Sharon, but couldn't figure out where I had decided it could fit, so had to save that for another page.

We couldn’t go to Scotland without looking for the Loch Ness Monster! We took a cruise on the Royal Scot. The Captain was Doctor Richard McDonald who has developed special sonar which doesn’t harm fish, and shows different colored dots based on the size of the fish. In the bottom floor of the boat, there are two types of sonar; the other kind shows what the sides of the loch look like without water. Donna and Mary Rose spent most of their time below, Mary Rose intently listening to the Captain. Sharon and I were up on deck, braving the elements most of the time, trying to catch a picture of the elusive Nessie.

Legend has it that this is the location where one of the Loch ness monsters tried to climb out of the loch and slid back down after a priest prayed for redemption.

No comments: