Saturday, February 2, 2013


So today's prompt was to figure out what would consist of a perfect day for me and scrap it, with the intention of from knowing what a perfect day would be then it could be created.  God has blessed me with many perfect days in my life.  My trip to Scotland was a whole week of perfect days.  This was a small snippet of one of those days.  But another page completed in my sister's digital scrapbooks. :)  The paper and overlays are from a kit on  I created the loopy design above and below the panoramic picture after spending too much time trying to find one.

Friday, February 1, 2013

LOAD213 Day 1

I don't know how Lain could challenge me more than she did today.  She actually challenged us to create a layout without words!  Words are the difference between a photo album and a scrapbook in my opinion.  But I do have these pictures that I haven't been able to come up with a clever title for, nor have I decided what story goes with the pictures.  But I did know of a technique I wanted to use! And the pictures were too cute to leave unscrapped.

First, I cut 2 circles out with my coluzzle, the larger one a light green, the other a reddish pink.

Then I used the Tim Holtz Distressing tool and distressed the edges. 

Then  I inked the edges of the green pp with Pine Needles Distress ink.  The distressing I did in the previous step helps the saturation degree of the edges.

Then I used  some adhesive sheets by 3L to adhere adhesive to all of the pinkish red circle and adhered to the middle of the green circle.

Using the scissors, I cut the circle in to half, and then quarters, and the eighths.

Then using Festive Berries, I inked the edges of the pieces.  See the difference it makes on these?

Then I used  Enamel Accents and put fake seeds on the watermelon pieces.

Then using a cd to put the watermelon pieces on a pleasing semi-circle, I attached the pieces to my layout.

 Here is the final result. I used Sketch Savvy #76 for the design.  I cut the shape at the bottom out with the Silhouette, and then distressed and inked it the same as I did the green circle in the 3rd step above.  And then for another detail, a technique I did which I wasn't planning to do was the stitching.  I actually used my Sew Easy!  I was almost finished stitching when I realized that the green piece of paper was one of the pieces that Lain sent me for winning LOAD212.   If I had thought, I couldn't have planned it better.