First, I cut 2 circles out with my coluzzle, the larger one a light green, the other a reddish pink.
Then I used the Tim Holtz Distressing tool and distressed the edges.
Then I inked the edges of the green pp with Pine Needles Distress ink. The distressing I did in the previous step helps the saturation degree of the edges.
Then I used some adhesive sheets by 3L to adhere adhesive to all of the pinkish red circle and adhered to the middle of the green circle.
Using the scissors, I cut the circle in to half, and then quarters, and the eighths.
Then using Festive Berries, I inked the edges of the pieces. See the difference it makes on these?
Then I used Enamel Accents and put fake seeds on the watermelon pieces.
Then using a cd to put the watermelon pieces on a pleasing semi-circle, I attached the pieces to my layout.
Here is the final result. I used Sketch Savvy #76 for the design. I cut the shape at the bottom out with the Silhouette, and then distressed and inked it the same as I did the green circle in the 3rd step above. And then for another detail, a technique I did which I wasn't planning to do was the stitching. I actually used my Sew Easy! I was almost finished stitching when I realized that the green piece of paper was one of the pieces that Lain sent me for winning LOAD212. If I had thought, I couldn't have planned it better.