Monday, July 9, 2012

Meigle

The layout which I lifted for this design is in Creative Keepsakes Volume 16  Issue 4 Page 32

My original idea was to use the Celtic pp as the back-ground, but then the pictures got lost, and the pp got covered up, and there wasn't a clear delineation between the columns.  I settled upon using my Celtic stamps again to make the white space between the columns not quite so sparse.   I ruined a whole sheet of cardstock before I figured out exactly where to place the stamping.

The journaling reads:
Even though I was the one who had dreams of growing up to be an archaeologist, if it weren’t for Mary Rose, we might have missed this amazing display of pictish stones.  Sharon had called the Friday before and talked to Linda, the lady who takes care of the museum so that she was prepared to give us a detailed tour; what we didn’t realize is that it is in an old one-room school building, which was next to the cemetery where many of these stones were for hundreds of years. There are Stones which were at the entrance to the grave yard, head stones, and grave slabs which covered graves.  The meanings of the images on the stones are still open for interpretation.   Mary Rose touched some of them before Linda asked her not to.



No comments: