Friday, July 13, 2012

Haggis


The design from this came from Let's Capture These Sketches

When you think of a food from Scotland, most likely you think of Haggis and cringe.   It is made from sheep's pluck (heart, liver and lungs); minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock.  But I've always been adventurous when it comes to food. 

I finally used up some Prima flourishes that have been living in my house for a few years.  I used the celtic stamp again at the top of the focal panel and used black bling to tie it into the flourishes, and to cover up where the stamp overlapped.  The shape for the title spot was cut with my silhouette.

The journaling reads:

I had to try Haggis while in Scotland.  At Beinn Edra, Rachel cooked me a Haggis that Sharon said was a very nice brand. I liked it very much, but I didn’t like the brand they used at Cairngorm guest house as well.  I also had Haggis with ‘neeps and tatties’ a.k.a. Turnips and potatoes while at Urquhart Castle.  I didn’t like the turnips and picked those out.  The haggis I liked the most wasn’t even my dish.  Sharon ordered Chicken and Haggis in Ft. Augustus and gave me a taste; it was very flavorful.



No comments: