Friday, May 18, 2012

Loch Lomond

What could be better than sleeping in a castle while in Scotland? The closest I could find in our price range the week we were there was a youth Hostel in Loch Lomond. It’s actually a manor built by a tobacco baron in the late 1800’s on the site of Robert The Bruce’s hunting lodge. It was very beautiful in its day, but it has been a youth hostel for 60 years. After 2012, it will not be a youth hostel any more. I hope that someone restores it to its former glory. The room we had was very simple with two basic bunk beds, but after being awake 24 hours, I didn’t care. Sharon said that the people in the room next door kept her up after 2 in the morning. The next morning while we were getting ready, they knocked on our door asking us to keep it down because it was quite early, 6 o’clock in the morning! :) Little did they know that we had a schedule to adhere to, and we had to be up and on the road at a certain time. But we scheduled time for a few photo shots. :) I was even seen lying down in the stairwell to take a picture of the ceiling. Mary Rose actually told me that she hoped I knew they were not going to pose like that every day. I told her we wouldn’t be staying in such a place again. The layout that inspired this one can be found in Creative Keepsakes Volume 15 issue 4 page 39.

No comments: