Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Culloden

Culloden might not look like much to someone who doesn’t know their Scottish history, but it’s a very emotional place for someone who knows that about 2,000 Highlanders died in one hour here fighting for their land. We didn’t go to the visitor’s center, but walked around the field a little. On the way back to the car, Donna threw a snowball at me. I caught it in the photo; and it only hit my shoes. This was based on a layout in Creative Keepsakes: Volume 15 issue 6 page 16. A couple of years ago, my sister had someone doodle some Celtic borders and symbols for me to use in my scrapbooking. Tonight I rediscovered them in my stash and cut them out using my fiskars fingertip knife and pieced them together...they were on 8 1/2 x 11 pp, so they would not have worked the way they were created. I love the look they gave to this page! The parenthesis around the journaling came from a Scotland sticker set. I used my coluzzle to cut the picture of Sharon and the mat.

No comments: