Friday, May 25, 2012

Kilt Rock

When we went back to Kilt Rock, (we had totally missed the unmarked turn off), it was raining and we decided to not get out of the car, but go to dinner; to come back later wasn’t much back tracking because it was close to Beinn Edra. Upon returning, Mary Rose and Donna decided they were too tired and it was too cold and wet so they stayed in the car while Sharon and I went to see it. The gate had a difficult closure and we almost came to the conclusion that it was closed for the night, but I finally got it open! It was beautiful! It is named kilt rock because the rocks on the cliffs are different colors and look like a tartan with pleats. When leaving, we saw this picturesque view of a typical Scottish house by a small loch. I really used my distress inks on here. I used the ink pads on a tartan stamp by fiskars, then the distress stain on the title letters and the circle matting the picture, and of course on the celtic embellishments. I love the way it brings it all together.

No comments: