Tuesday, May 1, 2012

LOAD512!

I am so excited about doing another LOAD (LayOut A Day) challenge that I woke up at 3, and couldn't go back to sleep no matter how much I tried to tell myself that I needed to get some more sleep to be alert for work today. I hope I'm as wide awake at 4 pm as I am at 4 am. I've done a little preparation for this LOAD and even have sketches chosen and pictures printed for a week's worth of layouts. But there are still decisions to be made. You see, I'm going to scrapbook my trip to Scotland this month. I've decided to do all of my layouts based on other layouts I've seen and liked in the CK magazines. For the layouts I've planned so far, I have a list (love the android app "listmaster") of the layout and which magazine and which page using the volume and issue listed on the spine of each magazine. For instance: Urquhart Castle CK 15 4 101. I had to keep up with it somehow! Other decisions that I'll be making today, but subject to change this month: Do I use a cool Celtic font for all of the titles to narrow down that decision? Is there a specific ribbon or paper I want to use throughout the book? Will I want to use those Celtic stamps I bought a few years ago on every page or just some of them? Off to see which pictures I had printed yesterday and make the first decision!
Using a plaid ribbon is a definite possible thread, using the font for the journaling instead of the title is a possible thread, using the stamps is quite possible...I used them to make a design on the yellow cardstock, and I love this pp, but don't think I have enough for the whole album, and can't get any more. The journaling strips say: Urquhart castle is known as the Jewel of the Loch Ness. In fact, most of the sightings of the Loch Ness monster have occurred from the grant tower which was last built in 1509. Visitors can still climb up the stairs and look over the loch. In ancient times, this was a location of major strategic significance because it was the key to the ‘spine of Britain’.

No comments: