Sunday, July 3, 2016

Ornamental Dreams

When I first saw the Ornamental Dreams stamp set in the catalog, I thought it was cool, but it didn't immediately jump onto my wish list. But then I saw this card by fellow Journey coach, Christy Bristow, and it magically appeared on my very next order.  Of course I did one similar to hers, but also wanted to do one that was quick enough to do in a make and take party.
This is the design I can't up with. Of course, for the party I used the new Amazing colors that were just released July 1, 2016. What you do is stamp this medallion multiple times, and then cut out the different layers based on how well the layers stamped. I would suggest cutting outside the squiggly lines, but you could cut on the inside too.  If you will notice by the next photo, some of the inner parts didn't stamp exactly right, but that doesn't matter because the next color will conver them up.

One item I do want to mention is that the fusion ink by Fun Stampers Journey does not bleed when you are coloring with Copics.  This is my case of the card that I loved.

The corner paisleys I stamped directly onto the card, but the center medallion I stamped onto another piece of cardstock and used the matching die to cut it out. Then it was easy to color such a perfect turquoise line outside the stamp.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog. All comments are greatly appreciated.


No comments: