Saturday, July 2, 2016

Gone fishing

This card is not one I designed, I saw one like it on Pinterest and loved it. Unfortunately, the person who originally pinned it only pinned the image and not the blog post it was pinned from.  If you know who made the original, please let me know! 
I actually debated about posting this since it's a case (card maker term for copy), but I really want to know who made the first one because I think they are a great card maker and I would love to see more of their work.  
My friend Denise and her husband love to fish and she got the Out Fishing stamp set and the Big Catch set, and she let me play with them. Thanks Denise!
I cut the base out of Beach ball card stock, and the jumping fish I did with sweet pear cardstock, stamped with  green olive fusion ink.  the patterned paper is from an old K&Company collection. I didn't have any Tangerine Fusion cardstock with me, so I used that ink on a piece of the whip cream cardstock. Inking with a blending tool is a great way to change the color or tone of a cardstock to get the color you need. The sun I cut out of summer days cardstock. The guys fishing were stamped with black licorice fusion ink.
The blue fish were stamped with Beach Ball fusion ink onto whip cream cardstock and two were fussy cut. The round one I was able to use the 1 3/4 circle punch with. The open mouth of the fish I colored in using just a tiny touch of Rich coral reinker using the blending brush
One thing I would have done differently now that I look back on it, I would have added journey glaze to the jumping fish to make them look wet.
Thank you for taking the time to look at my post. All comments are greatly appreciated.

No comments: