Thursday, July 7, 2016

CYCI #127

There is a challenge online that I've seen other people playing, and I decided to try it out.  This week's challenge was to use the colors Blue, Turquoise, and Lime.

I've been wanting to play more with my sprays, and I have the Blue Lagoon Color Splash, Electric Lime Splash, and Turbo Teal Splash which fit the challenge perfectly.  
I used some watercolor paper, and after spraying, I let it dry a little, and then blotted off the extra.

Isn't this quote wonderful? Dreams is one of the ATS stamps that you can get for free by hosting a make and take party.
 I thought about letting the quote be all on the page, but decided to add the butterfly chip (retired item).  But the technique I used can be used on any wood chip. 

I painted the wood chip with the Electric Lime Silk, and then stamped using an image from Ornamental Dream, and placed Journey Twine Black Licorice behind it trying to have three different sizes of loops to mimic the butterfly wings, adding a few Journey Sequins Blue Skies to the card with Journey Glaze 2 oz.. The color in these pictures do not do the card justice.  The Electric Lime is so bright!
After attaching the card front to a base of Denim Days 8.5 x 11 Cardstock cut in half with Easy Glide Permanent Adhesive Runner, I also used Ornamental Dream to stamp an image on a cardstock on the inside, using the Denim Days True Color Fusion Ink Pad and Electric Lime Ink Pad.


 If you would like to play along, head on over to http://canyoucaseit.com/?p=3288

5 comments:

Kayla said...

Very pretty card, Betsye! I love how you finished off the card on the inside to tie in with the front. I'm glad you decided to play along with us at Can You Case It this week! - Kayla

char said...

Oh My Gosh Betsye!!!! I LOVE your card. I love the "Kissing" technique on the butterfly! Your entire card is gorgeous, outside and in!!! Thanks for playing with us at CYCI this week. Char

Amber said...

What a well put together card ... every element is perfect, Betsye! Thanks for joining CYCI! ~Amber

Eva Bussom said...

Fabulous use of the colors! Thanks for joining CYCI :) Eva

Jeanne Bobish said...

Gorgeous cards! The background is just stunning! Thanks for joining us at CYCI! Jeanne