Tuesday, February 24, 2009

VLVFeb01


I did this for the Viva La Verve Challenge.

I wanted to make a card to send to Grandma (whose name is Rose). I had this pp with roses, and found a rose stamp in my collection. I stamped it on water color paper with black Staz-on, and then water colored it using SU Aqua Painters. The inks I used were Pale Plum and Perfectly Pomegranate, Mellow Moss and Always Artichoke. The ovals I cut out using my Coluzzle. I rounded the corners with a punch. I inked the edges of the pink layers with Perfectly Pomegranate and the edges of the other layers with Mellow Moss. The twist for the challenge was embossing, so I hand embossed the rose paper using a Fiskars template and stylus. I decided that the embossing didn't show up very well, so I took my dauber with Pale Plum and inked the embossed panel. I used pearls by Martha Stewart to lend a touch of elegance. The last one I put on the satin ribbon, and I really like that touch. The finished size of this card is 5.5 X 4.25

No comments: