Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sleeping Beauty

When I look at this precious picture of my daughter, it takes me back to that summer 13 years ago, being a new mom and wanting to play with the new born baby, and all she wanted to do was sleep.
I was putting pages in her album when I noticed this page which I had started over a year ago...I had picked out the background pp, cut the title using quickutz squeeze, and even glued it to the cardstock, and I had doodled a simple line around the light pink cs with a glittery pink pen, and I had rounded the corners of the picture and the mats, and I had made a tag to go with it too. I wound up not using the tag because I couldn't find a spot on the page I was happy with.
I decided that I didn't want to just put them onto the pp I had chosen, I wanted more interest to the page. I had bought a Jenni Bowlin decorative edge pp with the intention of using it as a template on Monday, so I actually used it. I inked the edges of it with SU pale plum. I tried all the pinks, but none of them were the right shade, and then I tried the plum expecting it to not work, and it turned out to be perfect. I was excited to be able to finally use some of the Bazzil In Stitchz templates. I actually combined a couple of them for this page. I used some of Mama's DMC floss. I could use it on every single page and never run out of any color...on the other hand, I always have just the right color! I only used two strands of the floss on this page, but I think in the future I'll use 3 strands of floss. I bought this stamp a couple of years ago, and I think this is the first time I've used it. I really need to use my stamps more. Finding these flowers in my stash took a little time, but while going through, I actually filled up some of the Starbucks Frapacino bottles I've been saving and washing for this use. So far, I have 4 bottles, one each with blue, yellow, pink, and peach flowers. I haven't yet decided where they will belong on my wall, but I'll figure it out.

No comments: