Saturday, August 6, 2016

Silent Night in Turbo Teal

I wish you could see all the sparkle on this card.  It's definitely not a traditional Christmas card, even though it does have a couple of traditional elements.  Such as sequins.  I remember Christmas balls that Grandma made with sequins and Styrofoam.  They were so pretty.  I've started one or two, but they take so long to make that I never finished.  Sequins are such a great addition to any homemade decoration. The Fun Stampers Journey Sequins Special Celebration come in a little jar and there are 3 different sizes in that jar.  There's no telling how many are in that jar, I've had several make and takes with them, and the jar still looks full. I bought the Tinsel Trim not knowing what I was going to do with it, but could not resist such a cute tiny replica of the traditional Christmas decoration!  Unfortunately, the stars are retired, but they were a bloom benefit for the previous catalog.  So easy to attach with Journey Glaze 2 oz.  And oh my goodness, this Oh Holy Bundle stamp set with matching dies is a thing of beauty! I stamped this sentiment with the Turbo Teal Ink Pad and attached it to the card with Journey Foam Squares.

The background was the easy part. Place one Color Splash Sheet in the bottom of a card board box. Take Shimmer Silver Color Splash and Turbo Teal Splash (be sure to shake the silver splash until you hear the mixing ball and the sediment is not on the bottom of the bottle, but mixed in) and just do one spray of each from 10-12 inches away.  I got the streaks by scraping the card against the flap of the box while the spray was still wet.  

Since I used the Turbo Teal ink and spray, I attached the Color Splash Sheet to some Turbo Teal 8.5X11 card stock cut in half.

No comments: