Monday, November 11, 2013

Joyful Christmas Day 3

Someone made a card with what looks like Tim Holtz' Tattered Poinsettia.  I don't know who it was because I saw it on Pinterest, and the person who pinned it didn't link it to a blog or a gallery, just the image itself.  Such a bummer because when I find something that inspires me as much as this one did, I'd like to see more of the artists' work.  

Here is my take on the inspiration card:

This was a very easy card to make.  I took a 12x12 piece of textured white cardstock and trimmed a piece 5 1/2 x 11, and folded it in half.  Then I cut another piece 5 1/4 x 5 1/4.  Then I used my coluzzle and cut a circle in the middle that was just a little bit bigger than the poinsetta itself for the frame.  I embossed "Merry Christmas" from the Petite Pairs set in one corner, and three blings in the opposite corner, and then pop dotted it onto the card.
I stamped the poinsettia on some velum which I bought years ago.  Isn't it great that paper doesn't have an expiration date? lol.  This was a very fast card!

No comments: