Sunday, November 10, 2013

Joyful Christmas Day 2

Oh, there are so many different ideas for this stamp set on Pinterest, I may be making cards with this set until Christmas (unless I decide to do another set).  I figured out something today.  Yesterday I stamped and embossed 3 times in order to have three layers.  Today I figured out if I use my Fiskars fingertip knife when cutting out the middle, I can use what's left of that stamp/embossing for the bottom layer
 I used the mirrored paper that was in my DCWV Immortal Love Cardstock collection.  I wish I had a whole stack of this mirrored paper. 

 When I add the middle layer, you can't see the empty spot in the bottom layer anymore!

I decided for my sentiment, I wanted a different shape than what I had easily available... I wanted one that was just big enough for my sentiment, "Merry Christmas" from the Petite Pairs set.  I took out my spellbinders, and realized that if I ran the scalloped square shape through the big shot twice, it could become a rectangle.  The key to this working was the magnetic platform for the big kick.  Yes, I know you could also use washi tape and tape the spellbinder to the embossed sentiment, but I'm a little lazy, and the magnetic platform really makes a difference. And of course, I had to add some bling to the middle.  Here's today's finished card:

The card that inspired my creation (and I think is better) is here.

No comments: