Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Age 15

I was inspired by this layout. The papers are from the Love Shack collection by Bo Bunny which my friend Kimberly gave me. I was over at Donna's while working on this layout, so I used her cricket to cut the largest circle I possibly could from a 12x12 piece of paper, then I used the Martha Stewart Gothic Arches corner punch to create the decorative edge. It's pretty easy to do, even if a little bit tedious. You have to hold the punch upside down and punch. For this one, I made sure that the highest arch was at the edge of the circle for each punch, and that the left edge of the punch just barely overlapped the right side of the last punch. The next thing I did was measure the inside of the decorative punching and then cut the cream/pink circle at 9 1/2 to go inside of the large punched paper, but it blended too well, so I used the cricut again, went to the center of a black sheet of cardstock and using the center cut option cut one circle at 9, the other one at 9 1/4, so that left a perfect circle for me to use. I used the Martha Stewart Gothic Arches edge punch to decorate the strip of black card stock which bisected the circle because it highlights the same punching pattern in the circle. I used glossy accents to attach the leaves, but had to use a staple to hold them in place until it dried because the leaves didn't want to lie flat.

No comments: