Sunday, October 2, 2011

Beautifall

Aren't these gorgeous papers? I've wanted this set by Basic Grey for about 2 years now, and Katrina, my sweet secret sister sent them to me this month. I was soo excited that I had to use them the very next layout I made! And the pictures from last year's photo shoot with my 2 kids and their 2 younger cousins was perfect, I still have so many pictures from that day I want to scrap. I used a May 2011 pagemaps sketch for the design, and pretty much followed it. for the large scalloped piece on the side, I used a scalloped circle shape on my silhouette and enlarged it and positioned it on the screen where it was mostly hanging off, but there was about 11 inches long and four inches wide left on the page itself, cut that image...and then I offset it 0.17", deleted the first scallop, and cut the larger scallop out of the yellow. Then to create the journaling scallop, I simply copied the scallop, made it smaller, and positioned it on the mat so that they would cut out at the same time. Then I deleted the large scalloped shape, offset the smaller by the same width (0.17) and cut the large patterned pp, but it faded into the other pp too much, so I offset that image also and then used some white cardstock to mat those, and I chose the font for the title (I saw it on a garden flag at Dollywood a couple of weeks ago and knew right away that I would be using "Beautifall" on a layout soon) and also made a rectangle the right size to mat the picture because it was so easy to do on the Silhouette, and cut those out at the same time. There wasn't any inking on this page, but I think the papers and the pictures just really shine.

No comments: