Sunday, January 24, 2016

Stained Glass texture

My daughter is going through Basic Training right now, so I need a lot of "Thinking of You" cards. I'm experimenting with the stencils I got from Fun Stampers Journey, and used Journey Modeling Paste with the Stained Glass- Stencil to create the texture.  For a more interesting background, I then sprayed it with Watermelon Color Splash.  notice how this paste absorbs the color like it was paper instead of resisting it?  The resisting technique has a cool effect too, but sometimes having the color on the texture is what you want.  I used a sentiment from the stamp set Sentimental Prints, and stamped both that and Artful Feathers using Pool Play True Color Fusion Ink Pad.  I mounted the sentiment on the same card stock used for the base, Watermelon Fusion 8.5 x 11 Cardstock; but before attaching the textured panel to the card base, I wrapped it with Journey Twine Natural, and tied a bow where the feathers met.

No comments: