Friday, January 22, 2016

New Year, New adventure.


On January 1st while I was at Dollywood with the kids, I signed up to be a consultant with Fun Stampers Journey!


I have to say, I am in love with their stamps, their media line, inks, and their jewelry.

It's hard to find a good white ink pad, and I think they have one.

Almost all of their ink is a combination of pigment and dye inks.  What this means is that it will dry quickly, but is blendable and will stay very true to color (no fading).  It becomes permanenet and is no longer blendable when heat set.

Here are some of the first cards I made with my starter kit:
This is very reminiscent of the example in the book of the Sentimental Prints stamp set.  I used the Black Licorice, Cranberry Bliss, and Whipped Cream.  (The Whipped Cream is a pigment ink and takes longer to dry, so it smudged a little with my impatience)

Another example made with the Sentimental Prints Stamp set.  Ink used: Cranberry Bliss, Green Olive, and Black Licorice.

I smooshed ink pads on a work surface and then used a water brush to add the Cranberry Bliss and Green Olive colors to the pots and cacti on this card.  I then added a table/ground because the pots needed something to sit on.

No comments: