Thursday, October 4, 2012

Sisters

So the challenge on the 3rd was to use a color palate from http://theplaydatecafe.blogspot.com/.  So I pulled out my mini album of photos to scrap, and debated between 3 different items.  I finally settled on this picture.  A couple of Thanksgivings ago, we went to Donna's house and decided that since all 4 of us were there that we should take a group photo shot by her pool. And it just so happens that the color palate went so well with Basic Grey's Indian Summer, BONUS!

Since there was only one photo to go on the page, I decided that a wow factor was needed.  Yes, the papers would be good, but I wanted something else.  I bought a stitching template from Oriental Trading a few years ago with a tree on it.  Last year I came up with the brilliant plan to use some variegated thread to make this a fall tree, I cut a piece of cardstock and stitched the tree, and it was so pretty!  But then I tried to add it to a page.  Because I stitched it on plain white cardstock, the eyes were drawn to that and the photos took second stage, totally not cool.  I wound up mounting it on a card and mailing it to a friend who would appreciate the hours spent on one card.  I've been trying to figure out how to put this tree on a layout as I had originally planned without the tree taking center stage.  I think I've figured it out.  I didn't mount it on anything, just stitched directly onto the page.  Now I think it might blend into the page a little too much maybe...

or maybe if I had done the brown a darker brown... now, that's something I can easily change with a marker. :)

No comments: