Saturday, September 10, 2011

Season of blessing

I made a couple of these cards, and I used a couple of different techniques.

For the main image, I colored the stamp with several brush markers, huffed on the stamp and then applied the image directly to the card. (You can get 2 stamps out of this technique, but the second one is not going to be as bold.) The next thing I did was cut a Labels 1 Spellbinder die out of cardstock and centered that over the image. Then using cut-n-dry foam, I applied distress inks (tea dye, brushed mahogany, and rusty hinge) to give it a faux leather look. I brushed the sentiment stamp with three of the colors I used on the central image and stamped the sentiment below. Instead of adding a ribbon, I simply added a strip of pp which I had trimmed off of something for a layout (Yes, I save even tiny pieces like this of Basic Grey). Finally, using the piercing mat from Stampin' Up, I placed the three brads.

No comments: