Thursday, June 4, 2009


Today has been a roller coaster ride. I got up and put in a load of laundry and started working on the Leopard Lounge Circle Journal pages. When I was putting the 2nd load of laundry in the dryer, I found my cell phone in the bottom of the washing machine...I should have given up then and there. So I look on Craig's list to see if there are any t-mobile phones for sale on there...knew I should have snatched a couple when I saw them for $20. No such luck this morning, so I called T-Mobile to find out what my contract status is...and Alex's is up in Dec 2009, mine is up in April 2010, and Mishal's is up in 2011. But then the customer service rep starts talking about how I don't use hardly any of my extra (non fave 5) minutes, so I could get a cheaper plan if I only sign a new 2-year contract...and I told her if I did that, I'd want to get a new phone too. She told me that signing a new contract would not have any affect on me getting a new phone. I told her about how I'd found mine in the bottom of the washing machine, and she said she'd done that she hooked me up...since I've been such a loyal customer for 9 years, she waived a few fees and got me a new phone for less than $60, and a new calling plan that will save me $10/month. And then on my lunch break, I called and got another new phone for Alex's line at the same price. I figured that way, we have a back-up when something happens to one of them. So I was feeling pretty good until I got an e-mail from Donna that Grandma had died this morning. I called and let Mary Rose and Tammy know.

Anthony told me to go on home for the rest of the day, and let him know if I needed anything. I closed down all the programs on my computer and then pulled them back up again. As long as no one talked to me and told me how sorry they were or expressed sympathy, I didn't cry. I was able to work. I even made up the extra half hour when I made phone calls.

I stopped by the Wal-mart on Gunbarrell to pick up the i-pod accessory kit and to see if my new i-pod had come in yet...not yet, but maybe it will be there tomorrow.

I got home, and the clothes weren't washed or dried, and Alex had not packed ANYTHING for his trip. So we didn't go to the church for trunk inspection, so I've got to make extra sure he's got everything in there. I'm going to America's Thrift store tomorrow to get him a few pairs of shorts to take. I don't want him to take all his expensive ones.

So the big secret for the day is about Grandma dying. Since the kids are about to go out of town, I'm not telling them until they get back. I want them to enjoy their time away.

1 comment:

scrappinmomto2girls said...

bless your heart girl!!

that is great about the phone though!