Saturday, November 19, 2016

Be Amazing Blog Hop

Welcome to the Amazing Journey Blog Hoppers Hop! This month’s theme is Be Amazing. I'm so happy you're hoppin' along! If you arrived here from Lisa’s blog, you're on the right track. If not, that's ok too! Just continue the hop and you'll come full circle!

I've heard so much about events that Fun Stampers Journey puts on, I just had to see for myself.
I got to go with someone who signed up under me, and a friend of mine who lives in Orlando was able to join us for the public portion!  It was so much fun!  the first day was a training session for coaches, and the second day was for everyone.  There was shopping and food and a photo room with special lights, and make and takes.  I came away with pictures of at least 50 different cards I can make with the Be Amazing collection, a couple of stamp sets, and wonderful memories.

Speaking of memories, my first papercrafting love was scrapbooking, so my project features a page using our scrapbooking products.

I should probably mention that over the years with experience, I've become a paper snob.  I do not like using thin patterned paper or cardstock.  Don't get me wrong, it's still pretty, but I just don't like working with it now.  I like for the background to be able to stand up by itself with layers and embellishments.   The reason I mention this is because you can't touch and feel my papers and card stock.  The paper is of a good quality and has a nice weight.  The card stock from FSJ is very sturdy.  I love that I can get it in 12x12 packs, and at 12 sheets for  $5.95 is not a bad price; and a great variety of colors.

I love it when I can get matching card stock for patterned paper!  Lucky for me, all of the FSJ patterned paper just so happens to match the card stock colors that they have.


I used Turbo Teal card stock for the background, but wanted it to reflect the mood of the party, so I splattered the background with silks, Orange Rave, Cosmic Grape, Sour Lemon and Electric Lime.

The picture with Richard and Gabby had a lot of negative space on it, so it was perfect to use with one of the Amazing Layers overlays. we used a lot of the sequins on cards at the event, and they were perfect for decorating a Be Amazing Day Card (which I cut in half so I could use on both pages) and for adding to an embellishment from the Be Amazing Prints.


Thank you for stopping by today, be sure to head to Ruth’s blog next.
 http://www.sassyangelsstudio.com/be-amazing-blog-hop/

Blog hop list: 
1. Betsye Rose Cimino Erazo
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.funstampersjourney.com/Betsye

Supplies used on my project: 
Sour Lemon Silk
Cosmic Grape Silk
Orange Rave Silk
Electric Lime Silk
Be Amazing Printed Paper
Amazing Layers
Be Amazing Day Cards
Amazing Trim
Sparkle Trim
Turbo Teal 12 x 12
Amazing Prints
Journey Glaze 4 oz.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Cute scrapbook page. Love all the elements.

Angelartistok said...

Wonderful layout & memories. The Be Amazing Tour was fabulous!

Deborah Daniels said...

cute page. love the layout.

Lisa Kmiec said...

Great page! And I love how you incorporated different elements to remind you of details from the event!