Sunday, September 2, 2012

Fall Anticipation



Of all the seasons, Fall is my favorite.  The colors are so rich, and the air so crisp, The holidays are around the corner, and my creativity runs wild.  It's like mojo season :)  I guess it's from years of making Christmas presents, and having to start in the fall.

I made a half dozen of these cards in celebration.  I stamped "Thinking of you" on the outside because it could then be used for anything... Thinking of you...on your birthday, in your time of sorrow, as you heal, or just because :)
I stamped "Lovely As A Tree" by Stampin' Up with brown Stazon.  Then I used my Tim Holtz Distress markers to quickly cover the sky and grass, then I sprayed it with water to get rid of any stripes created by the markers.  Then I applied the flower soft glue and sprinkled with the Autumn flower soft.

I've decided to try to make most of my cards 4x6 because that's one of the sizes of envelopes on my coluzzle template.  Then on the inside, I take a 3x5 index card and used photo corners to attach it; that way the person receiving the card can easily reuse it.

Then a miracle happened, I addressed a few envelopes, wrote a few notes, and actually put them in the mailbox!

This card also satisfies the requirements for Jaydee's challenge over at The Paper Players.

2 comments:

jaydee said...

Betsye, I'm so used to seeing this set used for Christmas, that I had forgotten what a fabulous set it is for fall. You really highlighted it beautifully with the distress markers. And yay for you for actually making something and posting it! Great card. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Nance Leedy said...

Oh the flower soft is the perfect addition to your beautiful fall landscape! I am so glad you joined us at The Paper PLayers!