Saturday, November 12, 2011
sketch, and used the collage feature in Picasa to create the pictures to go with this sketch. Then I chose the Lauderdale collection by Basic Grey because of the vibrant colors and the zebra print that would play off of the bikini Mishal wore. I was shocked how long it took me to chose which Martha Stewart edge punch to use at the bottom because once I realized which one I would, it was so perfect! I had to pry details out of Mishal for the journaling... plus a trip to her facebook page to see what she posted that week. Just do what you gotta do for the layout, right? Because I think that the journaling is the best part of scrapbooking, I wanted it to stand out on the page, so I framed it using a sticker from the collection and placing bling around it, and then I made it stand out a little bit more by using popdots underneath it. Then it was time to do the title. Mishal told me what it should be, but I didn't have an embellishment or stamp for it. I used the fonts on my computer to cut it out. My favorite tool to choose which font I want to cut out with my Silhouette is the AMP Font Viewer It's so quick to find exactly the font to convey the feeling you want. For the title I used the AR Hermann font, and used firefly stickles around the 'e's. It still didn't look complete, and then I remembered some Sizzlits that I have had for years. They were the perfect touch, and I am very pleased with the results. I used the echo park wave file from the Silhouette library for the wave, but it didn't stand out very well against the zebra print, so I created a shadow out of the same pink I had chosen for the title and for one of the vertical strips of pp; but instead of putting the blue exactly in the middle of the pink, I off-centered it for a more dramatic look. I printed the quote that Mishal laughs about the most and inked the edges with Tumbled Glass Distress ink. Finally, I took a heart from the collection's sticker sheet and matted that with white card stock and outlined that using a pink and then a green souffle pen.
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
How to make a Swing Card . She posts her blog in the comment section, and you just have to go to the archives of her blog to find the post with the measurements. I made a couple of fall ones, and have the paper cut for a couple of others, and am working on those. I tried stamping leaves on the mustard color cardstock first, and just wasn't happy with the results, so I covered it up with some gorgeous pp from Basic Grey's Ambrosia collection (I used the 6x6 pad), and am pleased with the results.
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
3 banners file and picked out the one that scoops 3 times and cut strips of pp and attached those to the cutting mat at the same time and cut multiple copies of the file, then I deleted all but one of them, created a shadow and cut that out in white. I cut apart the different pp's of the banner and glued the different patterns together. Then I used some of the scraps to make the flags on the circle on the top right. I printed the journaling on vellum and used scrapper's spray to adhere it, and then punched the butterflies in vellum and pp. Another facet to Suzette's challenge was to put something upside down on the page, so I put an upside down question mark at the beginning of the title because in Spanish grammar, a question not only ends with a question mark, but begins with an upside down question mark...and Christopher was the one asking the question. I had left my big shot over at Donna's the other night, and didn't have it to cut the parenthesis shape, but I really wanted one, so I cut it out by hand. Definitely not as smooth and quick as doing it with the die. Thanks for looking!