Thursday, April 14, 2011

Kitchen Chairs

BEFORE:

A couple of years ago, a guy I was dating got me a set of 6 chairs. They are very functional, even though they aren't very pretty, and don't really match anything in my house. I've been thinking about recovering them for a long time, but it's so hard to pick a color and a fabric, and then you have to find the time and money for the material, the staple gun, etc. I finally decided to use the colors on my dishes as inspiration for the chairs and started buying the fabric one yard at a time. I didn't even know if one yard of fabric would be enough, but I finally decided it would...the fabric was $10/yard, but I had coupons, so I only spent $5-$6/yard, and I only got 4 yards. Donna let me borrow her staple gun, so I got new chairs for less than $25! They certainly don't look like a professional did them (in my opinion), but they look a lot better than they did!

AFTER:



2 comments:

Tres said...

Great colors! Your kitchen is going to look fabulous!

RachelUK said...

These are gorgeous, Betsye! I am already looking forward to sitting on them IRL!! Rachel x