Monday, March 21, 2011
I've wanted to do one of these for a couple of years now, but haven't been uber motivated, until... one of my best friends got married on New Year's Day and was kind enough to ask me to take a picture or two, so I had plenty to choose from... and then I got Basic Grey's Euphoria Collection, and was dying to use it. So once I decided that was what I was going to do, there was no stopping the creative process! I decided on a font and figured out the size and worked a few hours on cutting everything out...(The word is her new last name), then I modge podged the pp onto thin chipboard and modge podged over that to seal it,
For the edges, I used an embossing pen and silver embossing powder to add the silver color that was in her wedding. That took quite a few hours, I could only emboss a few inches at a time.
I have been dying to make these flowers I made for the front of the book (and then used again on the "S", so I punched out several of them and heated up my melting pot and then dipped the punched flowers in clear UTEE. There's definitely room for my improvement, but they look good. And I thought it was very cool the way the piece of the flourish bling that I put on the front looks like a heart.
on the next page I put a sticker but it didn't 'pop' the way I wanted, so I used a white souffle pen to outline it.
On the next set of pages, I used the nestabilities to cut out the pictures and mats, then used them again to ink the inside part so the outside part stood out a little bit more, and I used bling on a sticker for the date.
Here is a close-up of the "S" with a faux glass flower and bling.
I had this beaded trim left over from another project and decided it looks perfect for a wedding album, Tut attaching it was a little bit tricky. I used two big glue dots and decided to cover them with flowers I made with punches.
I used the garden trellis edge punch to create this look, and used more punched flowers to decorate it.
The "O" was the hardest one to cut out, getting the inside perfect. On this side I used small punched flowers and bling to decorate
Stickles...not sure if there's a project of mine which is complete w/o lovely stickles.
I tried to balance the fibers and ribbon that I attached to the 'O' wires by placing some ribbon on the "P"
TFL. It's way past my bedtime, so I don't know if this makes much sense. I've caught myself typing things that were nonsensical, but need to sleep so I'll proof read in the morning.