Friday, August 26, 2016

Robin Holiday

 
This background looks like a green piece of paper, but it's Whip cream cardstock. The Pan Pastels make it easy to create amazing backgrounds in no time flat with background stamps. Every time time I do this technique, a song from the 80's starts playing in my head, I can hear Shawn Cassidy singing "Do you believe in magic"

To do this technique, ink a stamp with Clear Pigment ink and then using a Sofft tool, rub PanPastel into the paper.  Quick, easy, and amazing!

Of course, another technique that I think is magic to this day is heat embossing.  I just love how the powder melts before my eyes.  I have discovered over the years that some powders are hard to tell when they have melted, but not FSJ powders.  I don't know what's different about them, but the difference is very easy to see as it melts.

Isn't this Robin pretty?  It is the small one in the set.  There is so much detail in this stamp, but it's only available to purchase until September 30th. There is also a die that matches it, and you can even buy it as a bundle for a discount.  

We used Journey Color Burst Pure Color Pencils to color it in, and then used Tortillions and baby oil to blur the pencil lines.

We made this in class last night, and I think the ladies loved it.  Don't they look like they were having fun?





No comments: