Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Mermaid Wishes

Mermaid Wishes is another ATS set that you could choose to receive for free for each $50 you spend when ordering from Fun Stampers Journey.  She looks even more adorable when combined with stamps in the Under The Sea set.  I decided that the easiest way to create a background for a mermaid was to water color it.  I achieved this background using only two Zig Clean Color markers and a Journey Blending Brush- small.  I also used two Zig Clean Color markers to color the bottom half of the mermaid. In order to create the sparkly look of the mermaid, I applied Journey Glaze and sprinkled Journey Sparkle Cuts on her. 
To add another level to the card, I used the Journey Rectangles to cut her out and add the piercings.  To emphasize the holes, I mounted the focal panel on a piece of Black Licorice Paper 8.5 x 11 Cardstock. I added a piece of cardboard behind this to raise the panel and mounted it all on a piece of Whip Cream 8.5 x 11 Cardstock. 

No comments: