Monday, October 1, 2012

My Theme Song

Today's the first day of another month of doing a scrapbook layout every day.  I have decided to go with the prompts again this time because I didn't enjoy the last LOAD as much as the first one I did because I wasn't doing what everyone else was doing, I was just creating my Scotland album.  And while that was wonderful, and I love that I got it done so quickly, I lost the feeling of being in the middle with my fellow LOADsters.

Today I had to figure out what the theme song of my life is.  I've chosen "One Day At a Time" by Marijohn Wilkin.  It's a song I've heard all my life and have remembered it often when life takes those twists it inevitably does and I began to obsess about the future.



I have a few OCD tendencies, and have come to realize that is perfectly fine; nothing wrong with that.  Knowing that has helped me deal with some things that seem overwhelming and impossible at the time.  I like to plan and organize and know when something is going to happen and how and what I can do to get the outcome I visualize.  But there are times that life takes a twist and my plans are a mangled mess and it upsets me.  But then I remember, I can only see a little window of the present; only God knows what was, what is, and what is to come.  So I have to daily trust in Him and take a deep breath and make it through the day.  That's all I have to worry about, making it through just ONE day.  In Matthew 6:34 it says, "Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."  Trusting in God has allowed me to enjoy the present things that are going on; knowing that I don't have to obsess about if something will happen the way it should; or about disasters that will  happen.  I've been accused of wearing rose colored glasses, and I'm ok with that.  I like concentrating on the good things that God has blessed me with.

No comments: